Before contacting us about housing opportunities, learn about expectations for Higher Ground residents! If you think you would like to become a Higher Ground resident, send us a short bio introducing yourself or if interested in the housing offered below please contact them directly.
Listings below may have particular requirements, but generally we encourage these three steps to apply:
1. Read these web site pages:
2. Schedule and make two visits. One to tour the house and community, and another to see what community life is like at a potluck, garden work day, or board meeting.
3. Review our Governing Docs (CC&Rs, Bylaws, etc.) and request a rental application if needed.
As of September 24, 2021, there is one housing situation.
See details & contact info below.
Rare Opportunity – Housemate(s) Wanted
1 large and up to 2 small second story bedrooms are available for rent in a hand-crafted, light-clay straw-bale house located right next to the pond in the Higher Ground Co-Housing Community. Rooms are available in early September. It would be ideal for me if one person rents all 3 rooms @$1,400 per month. I’m open to two different housemates; 1 housemate in the large bedroom @$800, and the other in the two smaller bedrooms @$800.
A little about me:
I’m a queer, tree-hugging hippie, musician, that runs a virtual psychometric company out of my home. I spend my weekdays working a lot during the day. In the evenings, I like to share meals, play music (sarod, surshringar and acoustic guitar), hike, bike, jog, ski, and paddleboard. I also have a home in Portland and spend some of my time there. I run cold, so I like the house sunny and hot.
A little about what I’m looking for:
I’d like to live with an individual or couple needing more than one bedroom that;
- doesn’t mind hearing me faintly on zoom calls from my first-floor office during the day
- enjoys faintly hearing my music (10 PM to midnight) and ideally wants to play music together from time to time
- collaborates on meals at least once per week
- cares for the house while I’m gone
- relishes an above average temperature inside
- spends time engaged in Higher Ground Community activities which might include
- quarterly work parties
- gardening work parties (Saturdays during gardening season)
- participating in weekly potlucks
- helping a neighbor out
Absolutely no pets and no smoking.
Wyetta, email here